Ccleaner Error Code 0x80040c01
How to Fix Ccleaner Error Code 0x80040c01?
While you try to update the CCleaner application, all of a sudden, you would see the error 0x80040c01, which is a software update error.
Consider the steps that are given below to fix Ccleaner Error Code 0x80040c01.
- Open CCleaner and go to the Tools menu. Select Software Updater and check whether you are able to perform the update.
- If you have set Custom Clean in CCleaner, you may receive the error.
- Go to Options and select Settings. Now, set default clean to fix the issue.
- Select the Run as administrator option after highlighting the Services app.
- When the Services window appears, locate the Windows Update service.
- Double-click on Windows Update and click on the Stop button.
- Press the Windows and R buttons together.
- When the Run dialog box appears, type %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore and hit the Enter key.
- Press the Ctrl+A buttons together to select all the contents in the folder. Press the Shift+Delete buttons together to remove all contents of the folder permanently.
- When prompted for confirmation to remove the files, click OK.
- Now, open the Windows Services window again.
- Locate the Windows Update option, right-click on it, and click on the Start button.
- Restart your Windows computer and check if the issue is resolved.
- If the issue persists, open the Run dialog box and type cmd. Tap OK.
- When prompted to enter the admin password, type it.
- Enter sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt window and tap the Enter key.
- Wait until the scanning process gets completed and restart your computer.
- Press the Windows and R buttons together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit in the search section and click on the OK button.
- Enter the following command in the navigation panel: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
- Locate WUServer and WIStatusServer and delete them both. If they are not listed, clean the download path.
- Restart your computer and start CCleaner to fix Ccleaner Error Code 0x80040c01.